Tickets for your visit to Santa’s Grotto are bookable online in advance again this year.
We’ve been busy working with the elves to make sure Santa can once again bring Christmas cheer to all at the Belfry Shopping Centre this year! The Belfry has partnered with Great Grottos Ltd to bring you the best and most magical Santa’s Grotto in Redhill!
To keep everyone safe during this time, we ask that 2 metres of social distance should be kept from Santa and the elves. In line with government guidelines, we also ask that adults and children over the age of 11 please wear a face-covering while in the Grotto and other areas of the Centre, unless exempt.
Please read on for all information you'll need to book your tickets
Tickets are £5 per child (with 50p booking fee per family) which includes meeting Santa and receiving an age-appropriate wrapped token gift. Accompanying adults are free of charge.
What does the ticket include?
- A lovely traditional journey through the snowy woodland scene to discover Santa by a log fire, in an opening amongst the sparkling fir trees.
- A personal experience and chat with the big man himself.
- The opportunity to purchase a special photographic memento of your visit before you leave.
- Each child will receive an age-appropriate wrapped token gift from Father Christmas.
How are we keeping safe?
Our main priority is the safety of you, your families and our team. In order to do this, we are taking the following precautions:
- You must pre-book your timed visit in advance
- To redeem your tickets, please provide your booking reference number upon arrival. You are not required to print this.
- Tickets purchased are only valid for the date and timed session for which they were booked. If you miss your timed session we are unable to reschedule, you will need to rebook.
- In line with government guidelines, a face covering should be worn by all those aged over 11 (unless medically exempt) .
- Our staff will not attend if they have a raised temperature or any symptoms.
- All visitors must confirm that they do not have any symptoms, are not meant to be quarantining, and are not awaiting the results of a Covid test (please stay at home if any of these apply). Don’t arrive too early (no more than 10 minutes before) and please wait outside of the Grotto.
- We may collect contact information for all those attending so we can adhere to Track & Trace and you may be asked to scan the NHS COVID-19 (Track & Trace App) QR code on arrival.
- Please use the hand sanitizers available at arrival, throughout the Grotto and before leaving.
- Please do not eat or drink whilst in the Grotto.
- Parents/Guardians remain responsible for the control of their children during the visit. Please do not touch the displays.
- Microbe Shield ‘Zoono-71’ is used to regularly sanitise all touch points within Santa’s Grotto and throughout the Belfry.
- Great Grotto’s elves will look after you during your visit. Please do follow their guidance.
When is the Grotto open?
You must pre-book online in advance at £5 per child.
On the opening weekend, the Grotto is open:
- Saturday 13th November 11.00 – 17.00
- Sunday 14th Novemver 11.00 – 16.00
This opening times remain consistent for the following weekends:
- 20th & 21st November
- 27th & 28th November
- 4th & 5th December
From Monday 6th December, opening times are as follows:
- Monday – Friday: 11.00 – 17.00
- Saturdays: 10.00 – 18.00
- Sundays: 11.00 – 16.00
From Monday 20th December, opening times are as follows:
- Monday – Thursday: 10.00 – 18.00
- Christmas Eve: 10.00 – 15.00
How many people are allowed per visit?
A maximum group of 6 people (with a maximum of 2 adults) per visit. So up to 4 children with one accompanying adult per visit.
What age is it for?
We believe that Santa’s Grotto is suitable for children aged up to 11.
Do I need to buy adult tickets?
No, accompanying adults visit for free (a maximum of 2 adults per visit).
Each child is £5 per visit with Santa and an age-appropriate wrapped token gift is included in your ticket.
You will also be able to purchase a special photographic memento of your visit before you leave.
What's the refund policy?
In the event that you are unable to or fail to attend, we regret that tickets will not be refunded. However, you can amend your booking with a minimum of 48 hours notice. We are keeping a constant eye on Covid guidelines and if UK Government legislation prohibits the running of the Grotto, a full refund will be issued.
Is the Grotto accessible?
The Centre and the Grotto are accessible for all. However, please do let us know in advance if you have any particular questions, concerns or requirements.
What time should we arrive?
Please arrive at the time of your pre-booked visit or no more than 10 minutes before your start time and please wait outside of the Grotto.
What do we need to do on arrival at the Grotto?
We may need to collect contact information for those attending and you may be asked to please scan the NHS COVID-19 (Track & Trace App) QR code. Please use the hand sanitizers available on arrival, throughout the Grotto and before leaving. Please also ensure that everyone in your group who is over the age of 11 is wearing a face-covering, unless exempt.
Are there toilet and baby changing facilities on site?
The Belfry has baby changing and toilet facilities with automatic touch-free sensors on soap dispensers, taps and hand dryers on the Upper Level.
Will there be refreshments available?
No eating or drinking is allowed whilst in the Grotto. Food and beverages are available from the various cafes within the Belfry (including M&S, Coffee Cup Mall Cafe, Muffin Break, Movie Mug) or from The Wacky Kingdom soft play for you to enjoy before or after your visit to the Grotto.
How do we get there?
The grotto is located in Unit 36, on the Upper Shopping Level of The Belfry Shopping Centre, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 1ST
Parking in The Belfry’s 750 space car park is still just £1 for the first hour and £1 all day on Sundays. The car park was recently refurbished with more wide Parent & Child bays. It is ‘Park Mark’ Safer parking and Disabled parking- Accredited. Shopmobility services are available. The Belfry is also just a 3-minute walk from Redhill Railway and Bus Station (please remember your face covering).
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
The Grotto is operated and managed by Great Grottos Limited (Company Reg.04494635) | Tel.01306 886 989 | Email. Enquiries@GreatGrottos.co.uk | www.GreatGrottos.co.uk
For general enquiries regarding visiting the Grotto which are not covered above you can always call the Belfry on 01737 779930 or contact us through the contact form or message us on Facebook.
For problems with using the booking system please contact Great Grottos Tel.01306 886 989 Email. Enquiries@GreatGrottos.co.uk